• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Feature Request] Reveal Project in Production

Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2024 Aug 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My team is currently working in a massive Premiere Production, and it's peforming flawlessly. We have our Productions Folder structure set up to operate like a simple Kanban board, where Premiere Projects (by deliverable) move from one step of the process to the next by physically moving from one folder to the next. This works great at a small scale, but we're up to hundreds of projects, and it's getting difficult to sift through.

What works:
- Searching the Production in the search bar reveals the project that I'm looking for. I'm able to then open the project and operate on it in-place. The project also stays highlighted in the filtered Productions Panel.

What's weird:
- I can't pick up and move the project from within the filtered view. I can Move it to Trash, but I don't want to do that.
- When I clear my search, the project is no longer highlighted in the Productions Panel, meaning I've lost it in the sea of files once again, and have to go looking for it based on the folder structure I found when searching.

What would be nice:
If I have found a project and opened it, I'd like to see a context menu option in the Project Panel, for "Reveal in Production"
I would expect this to then find and select the Project within the Production Panel, just as Reveal in Project does for clips or sequences that are opened in the Timeline panel, to be revealed in their relevant Project.

Let me know what you think!

I don't know if I can edit this post, but if I can, I'll follow up with some redacted screenshots. Thank you for your consideration!

Idea No status
TOPICS
Import and ingest , Projects or collaboration , User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a beautiful request! Makes so much sense!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Upvoted, very well said. Be sure to upvote this thread with the Big number on the left, up at the top, next to the Original Post.

Votes

Translate

Translate